Nursing Education & Administration
Nursing Education & Administration
Have you been called to empower tomorrow’s nursing programs? Carey’s PhD in nursing qualifies you to use sound educational concepts, principles, and knowledge in order to develop undergraduate and graduate nursing students into qualified, compassionate healthcare professionals. With this degree, you will also be able to rise through the administrative ranks to become administrators of nursing programs. Graduates will also be able to assume leadership and upper level management roles in healthcare organizations in order to assure accountable clinical nursing practice.
$610 per trimester hour
This program can be taken in two- or three-year plan of study options.
This program is 100% online with the exception of four weekend meetings per year (two in-person and two synchronous online) and is convenient for the full-time working student.
Applicant Prerequisites & Requirements
Prospective Students must:
• Complete application for graduate admission to William Carey University and pay all necessary fees.
• Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended via e-script or mail to Registrar’s office.
• Submit a 1-2 page scholarly narrative of personal philosophy of nursing education and goals, updated curriculum vita, and three reference forms: 2 individuals who can attest to research and scholarship and 1 personal reference.
• Hold a master’s degree or higher from a nationally accredited school of nursing.
• Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on previous master’s coursework.
• Hold a current unencumbered RN license with no pending action in any state, and the unencumbered license must be maintained throughout enrollment in the program.
• Have eligibility to re-enter previously attended college or university in good standing. If previously enrolled in a PhD program, the applicant must be in good standing with that program and must provide a letter of good standing from that program.
• Demonstrate computer literacy including proficiency in word processing, email correspondence, and use of the internet.
• Demonstrate competency in scholarly writing by submission of GRE analytical writing score of 4.0 or better within the last five years OR passing Academic Writing for Doctoral Students with a grade of B or better.
• Demonstrate basic competence in statistics by passing an undergraduate or graduate level statistics course with a B or better within the last ten years OR prove substantial experience in nursing research projects. (This requirement must be completed prior to taking Advanced Research Methodology)
• Submit a valid criminal background check or complete one at orientation.
Graduates will be prepared for the educator role including the ability to use sound educational concepts, principles, and knowledge in order to develop undergraduate and graduate nursing students who will be able to contribute to the health and well-being of diverse populations across the lifespan. These graduates will also be able to rise through the administrative ranks to become administrators of nursing programs and assume leadership and upper level management roles in healthcare organizations in order to assure accountable clinical nursing practice.
Set Yourself Apart
The baccalaureate and master’s degree programs in nursing at William Carey University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).